Hahah! We have none.
Here are some basics…
To start… one must have a mush client.
A client is a program used to connect to a MUSH server over a TCP/IP connection. The oldest client program is the venerable ''telnet'' program; telnet and other remote terminal programs are adequate for connecting to a MUSH, but clients developed specifically for mudding often include several incredibly useful features beyond simply negotiating the connection and relaying text to and from the MUSH.
Some key features of clients developed for mudding include:
- Word-wrapping of MUSH output
- Separation of input and output text, either into different screen regions or by redrawing partial input so it is not intermixed with MUSH output
- Scrollback of output
- Input command-history and editing
- The ability to automatically log into a given MUSH with a particular player and password
- The ability to connect to multiple MUSHes at once
- Visual or audible alerts when activity occurs in a MUSH
- Logging of MUSH output to a text file
- "Macros": client key combinations that send more extensive text to the MUSH
- "Triggers" and "hooks": scripted client actions that take place in response to output or events from the MUSH
- Support for one or more protocols for rendering MUSH output in HTML (Pueblo, MXP) or playing sound (MSP).
- Communicating with Zlib-compressed data streams (MCCP) to save on server bandwidth costs.
- Transmitting plugin-specific data (MCP) out-of-band from visible text.
- Support for SSL-encrypted connections to servers that support SSL.
Below is a rough list of MU* clients out there for a variety of platforms. Choosing and picking one is a matter of preference, most have similar features and are perfectly adequate for the majority of text-gamers.
- Mud Master
- Mud Master 2000
- MudMagic Mud Client
- MudMagic Mud Client
- Xpertmud (Requires Qt3 and KDE libs)
MUSH is new to some of you and probably a little daunting. To ease your feelings of panic, we offer a very basic list of commands that will get you looking around and using the various features of the game.
|Command||What it does…|
|"<message>||You say <message>|
|Say <message>||See above.|
|ooc <message>||Makes an OOC statement or pose.|
|page <person>=<message>||Pages <person> with <message>|
|look||Shows you the room you are standing in.|
|look <object or person>||Shows the desc for that object or person|
|pose <message>||You pose <message> EX: pose grins.->John Doe grins.|
|:<message>||See 'pose" above|
|WHO||Shows a list of who is connected to the MUSH|
|+who||Shows a modified WHO.|
|+help||The global +help system.|
|+staff||Shows connected Staff|
|+staff/all||Shows the staff roster.|
|+news||The global +news system|
|+theme||The global +theme system|
|+hr||House rules and clarifications.|
|comhelp||Help with the global comm system.|
NOTE: MUSH commands may be case sensitive. You can always page a staffer for help.
More Coming soon!